The Advocacy Committee of CFUW Barrie and District endeavours to arouse and sustain among members an intelligent interest in all aspects of public affairs, give our members an opportunity for the expression of a united opinion, and provide an opportunity for effectual, concerted action.
We do this by:
- lobbying federal, provincial or municipal governments to advocate the CFUW position on issues by meeting with our local MP, MPP, or appropriate municipal officials to discuss resolutions passed at National and Provincial conferences of club delegates and provide copies of communiqués and letters from CFUW Barrie on the resolutions
- advising our members of issues that are of concern to women, especially those related to CFUW mandate
- stimulating awareness of public affairs and issues in society and the possible gaps in legislation related to these issues that, through our efforts, we can change to improve the status of women in Canadian society
- writing resolutions addressing women’s issues and submit to National and/or Provincial councils on behalf of Barrie members
- contributing to the work CFUW does advocating for women across Canada and internationally
- coordinating the annual resolutions process within CFUW Barrie and District.