Welcome to CFUW B
We are a group of local women who are part of a national organization with clubs located in every province of Canada. We offer members the opportunity to meet other women, to support our educational and advocacy initiatives, to learn from interesting speakers at our monthly meeting, and to have fun while participating in our interest groups.
Since 1919, all CFUW clubs have been working to improve the status of women and to promote human rights, public education, social justice, and peace. Membership is open to all women who support these goals.
We accomplish these goals by:
- Providing annual scholarships to young women in our community
- Voicing opinions, particularly on issues of importance to women at the local, national, and international levels and advocating to improve the conditions for women and children here at home and around the world
- Engaging in life-long learning by, for example, enjoying presentations from a wide range of guest speakers at our monthly meetings
- Networking, gaining new contacts, and establishing friendships
- Participating in an array of activities that are educational and enjoyable
CFUW Barrie & District 2021-2022 Brochure
If you would like to know more about our international connections, please check out the websites of Graduate Women International (www.graduatewomen.org) and International Alliance of Women (www.womenalliance.org).