2020 Post Secondary School Scholarships
CFUW Barrie & District offers the 2020 CFUW Barrie scholarship of $2,000 to a female secondary school student who is entering a Canadian University or Ontario College in the Fall/Winter of the current academic year.
Female students who are eligible for this award, are encouraged to submit an application.
In addition, one or more Awards of Excellence may be granted at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
The students must show:
- Academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership
- Community Involvement
- Financial need
The deadline for 2020 Scholarship applications is May 1, 2020
- The scholarship is to be presented to a female student who is enrolled in a degree course at an accredited Canadian university or who are enrolled in a degree or diploma course at a community college or other accepted institute of higher learning in Ontario.
- The applicant must have completed the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma program in four years or less.
- The applicant must have obtained a minimum average of 70% in at least three of the first semester O.S.S.G.D. subjects. All subjects must have been taken only once.
- The applicant must have demonstrated a combination of leadership qualities and community service.
- The applicant must indicate the extent of financial need.
The applicant is asked to submit:
- A Canadian Federation of University Women/Barrie District Application form
- Two letters of reference. One academic and one non-school related
- Official transcript of subjects and marks for first and mid-term semesters
- Brief summary of how education is to be financed, i.e. family, OSAP, work, RESP, etc.
Download the 4 page pdf format application form: PSSS Application 2020
Complete the printed form, scan and, together with an official transcript and 2 letters of reference as attachments, email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application and supporting documents may be submitted any time after receiving your First Semester marks.
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
- An award of $2,000 may be awarded to a female student in the Barrie & District secondary schools.
- The scholarship will be awarded at the school’s commencement. The money will be given in a single payment upon confirmation of enrolment and of the first instalment of tuition fees in a Canadian University or a degree/diploma granting Ontario College.
- In the event that no candidate applies, or qualifies, for the scholarship in any given year, that scholarship money will remain in the fund. The awarding of a scholarship may be delayed one year because of extenuating circumstances.
- If the quality of the applications warrants it, and if there are sufficient funds available, an additional Award/s of Excellence may be granted at the discretion of the Committee.
- Academic Standing: 30%
- Activities in School and the Community: 30%
- Financial Need: 40%